Sunday, August 15, 2010

Luxuries.


Since I was staying in a condo with friends this time around, we definitely got the luxuries of home.

Our first full day on the island, we set out to hit one my favorite spots. Kipu Falls. We did a little cliff jumping and rope swinging before the crowd arrived later in the day. I think I've made it a point to try to jump off cliffs in as many places around the world as possible. Not sure my nerves will ever be settled when I reach the top of the jump, but with a couple deep breaths to calm my heart, I'll get there.

The rest of our day was surrounded with food. Costco, and the best of the best: eating what the land had to offer. Clearly climbing a coconut tree and cracking it open on the beach was ideal.


Step 1: Climb the coconut tree
Step 2: Get coconuts off tree (hardest part)
Step 3: Access coconut milk (this is where it gets creative)

Our first approach was a combination of smashing the coconut against sharp rocks and pealing away the shell. Not quite effective, but it did the trick.


Back at the condo, Ewan got a bit more industrious. Also not quite effective, but I gotta give the man cred for his creativity.








I was fortunate to have someone willing to put up with me taking photos of all living non human things. Thanks Ewan.



No comments:

Post a Comment