Tuesday, August 17, 2010

AZN




I made a habit of waking up at 6AM every morning while in Hawaii. I treasured this time, as no one else was every up at this time. I got to snorkel with nobody else around. I could catch the morning showers and watch the sky clear. I could spend hours trying to climb coconut trees with nobody there to laugh. All this after watching the sunrise from the porch.


It's funny, cause at this time every morning, there was always at least 10 nene's (Hawaiian geese) outside our window.


I later found out that they were endangered, and that there were approximately 25,000 in all of Hawaii when Captain Cook arrived in 1778 and in 2004, there were only an estimated 800 left in the wild. So to think that I saw 1/80 is pretty wild.

Trying to find Tunnel beach, we ended up in the wrong spot. Regardless, awesome snorkeling and white sand beaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment